12/08/2011

Tiger I 1/48 Winter camo

...
Hello friends.

I know that I was too much time in silence but was because a good reason. i was making the new FAQ2. And now that it is ready and printed, I can back again to apint models. I have some different projects in my workbench and one of them is this little Tiger I out of box that I build time ago. Now I ampainting it in winter camo, using the Chipping fluid (the soft one) to make the chipping. I will try to post the whole step by step so stay tunned.



First I painted the dark yellow, just plane without modulation or other effects.



The worn effects fluid was applied inmediatly after the base color and once it is dry I painted the other two color camo with an airbursh.



I used a small plain brush to humidify the surface and scratch the camo colors. The zimmerit texture helped me in this task.



Now I have ready the base for the second step: the winter was , also very damaged. Ahh, right now we must apply a satin varnish coat to protect the preview work.

In the next chapter I will explain the winter wash camo step by step.


Thank you for watching.


...






5 comments:

  1. Hi Mig, I like this and want to try it out myself. It'll be handy for automotive modelling too as well as armour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mig. Obviously this is another version of the "hairspray technique". With hairspray you have to spray the second colour and then scratch the paint away, but it has to be done quite quickly. With your worn effects fluid does the worn look need creating straight away as it would take some time to spray two colours? Thanks Toby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting- love to see more info about this kind of effect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola, Mig. You say to, "make sure your base coat is SATIN, not FLAT." However, it looks like you have used flat colors, like flat XF-2 white and flat Gunzye colors for the camouflage colors. Where is the satin colors? Sorry for my confusion; I look forward to the advice.

    -Felix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said before in the second part of the article, I foget to say that after the colors and chipping fluid we must apply a satin varnish coat. Very easy. I use valejo and Life color. Both are really good ones. Sorry for missing this point.

    ReplyDelete